A helpful and practical pocket guide to walking the long-distance Dart Valley Trail.
The Dart Valley Trail is a walk along one of the most scenic rivers in Devon, the River Dart. The trail begins in Dartmouth Harbour, a town long associated with naval activity and home to the prestigious Britannia Royal Naval College. From here, the path leads along and over the rising hills and wooded banks of the Dart Valley. The variety of landscape provides striking views up and down the valley as well as beyond to Dartmoor National Park. En route, you will pass through the picturesque villages of Dittisham, Tuckenhay, Cornworthy, and Ashprington before finally arriving in Totnes. All these villages provide a different selection of cosy pubs, waterside restaurants, and places to stay.
This Guide contains
- Detailed 1:25 000 OS maps covering the entire route.
- Route broken down into easily manageable legs.
- A suggested kit list, also available for free to download.
- Travel information.
- Places of interest and village amenities such as historic locations, accommodation, eateries, public facilities.
- Full six-figure grid reference for GPS reference.
- Colour photography throughout.